Pages

Skiing in Morzine, France


If you love to ski or snowboard and you are looking for your next mountain escape in Europe, Morzine, France should definitely be at the top of your list!
For ten days during Easter, I traveled to Morzine with my second family (the family who I nanny for) for a skiing holiday and it is one of the best holidays I have ever had.



It was the families 6th time in Morzine and we stayed at their favourite family operated chalet hotel called Hotel La Chaumiere. I quickly learned why they loved it so. Michele and Frank have made their hotel a home away from home. With only 24 rooms there is a warm family atmosphere and very cosy living areas. The food is delicious, the wine is devine. Magnifique!
Easter is also a great time of the year to be skiing. The snow is fresh and the temperatures can reach 20 degrees Celsius at the peak of the day so we found ourselves only needing one layer under our jacket. Relaxing in the sun on the mountain is very enjoyable, especially since the French make the best hot chocolates.
Enough blabble, enjoy the photos!

If you would like to watch my vlog I made of the holiday, click here.. I do love photos, but sometimes I feel that video gives the viewer a much more exciting idea of what I experienced. Sights, sounds and music ♡ 
Shannon. x
ps: Morzine is right next to the Swiss border, so the town almost has a Swiss feel to it, especially in the design of the chalets. Let me know if you think this too.






















No comments:

Post a Comment